„On The Trail and On The Scent“ – Sagrantino Wine and Truffles Tour
Fall 2021 – Winter 2022
Umbria, the green heart of Italy is a treasure trove for art lovers and connoisseurs. Amidst small medieval villages of untouched charm such as Montefalco, Gualdo Cattaneo, Bevagna, the Sagrantino Wine Road winds its way. The grape variety Sagrantino and the wine of the same name have been inseparably linked to Montefalco for at least 800 years.
Both have become symbols of the identity of a territory and a community. This vine also characterises the landscape within the 13th century walls of Montefalco, where Sagrantino vines grow in tiny vineyards in the centre of the town. The wine has become a symbol of Montefalco and a representation of Italian excellence throughout the world. The Umbrian grape variety is now a must on every prestigious wine list.
Connected to the terroir of this area like the Sagrantino vine is the truffle. It makes this land a paradise for gourmets. The coveted black truffle grows from December to March. In the middle of centuries-old forests we will search for the precious tubers together with an experienced truffle hunter and their faithful dogs. You will be taken to the heart of an ancient tradition that has remained unchanged over the centuries.
DAY 1 Arrival and presentation of the trip at the hotel with Adele or local tour guides.
The history of Montefalco and the Sagrantino area with a visit to the medieval cellars of the Franciscans Welcome dinner at walking distance.
DAY 2 Excursion to Trevi with city tour and visit of the Olive Tree museum. Truffle hunting and lunch with truffle menu
DAY 3 Visit of the cellar and Wine – tasting with umbrian small lunch at one of the best wineries in Montefalco. In the afternoon excursion to Bevagna.
DAY 4 Excursion along “the road of Sagrantino wine” from Montefalco to Gualdo Cattaneo. Visit of a premium winery in San Marco di Montefalco. Small lunch with a selection of local products. In the evening black truffle dinner menu in Montefalco.
DAY 5 Guided visit of Todi with Elisa, art historian. Light lunch in one traditional Umbrian Trattoria in the historic centre. Departure in the early afternoon.
– 4 nights in **** hotel with breakfast buffet in double or single rooms Superior Standard in Montefalco’s old town
– 1 Welcome – Dinner with traditional umbrian menu in Montefalco
– First wine tasting with small lunch in one of the best wineries in Montefalco. Selection of 2 out of 4 wines per participant in bottles of 325 ml with basket.
– Second winery tour with wine tasting and small lunch with premium local products
– 3 course menu with truffles with introduction about the Umbria truffles in Trevi
– Dinner in one premium restaurant in Montefalco
– Light lunch on departure day in Todi
– Guided tours of Montefalco, Bevagna, Gualdo Cattaneo, Trevi and Todi in English
Prices and detailed informations:
… derartige Reisen, bzw. genereller: Reisen der Reisethek und/oder mit Frau Adele. Bitte, setzen sie mich auf alle Verteiler bezüglich solcher Reisen, gern… Ich glaube, ich brauche jetzt nicht auch noch zu schwärmen beginnen über die kurze UMBRIEN-Reise, denn meine angeführten Wünsche sprechen f. sich.